Society for the Study of Evolution®
Promotion of the study of organic evolution.
The Society for the Study of Evolution has several options for membership. Our main area of expertise is in supporting professional scientists and their students, but we also encourage K-12, community college educators, and affiliated professionals to join us in our mission. Memberships are for a calendar year, January 1 – December 31. You may join and/or renew your membership online with a credit card or by mail. Come be part of a worldwide community that promotes the study of organic evolution!
To join or renew by mail, please us this form, 2017 SSE Membership Form (.pdf)
You can now give a gift membership to a student for $10. This is a great way to introduce students to the Society for the first time. Gift memberships can also be purchased for colleagues in developing nations at the same low rate of $10. You can do this at the same time as your renewal or at a later date. https://payments.evolutionsociety.org/joinsse/.
Regular Member - Any person who is a professional in the field and does not fit into the categories below. - $50
Benefits of SSE Membership
SSE members enjoy numerous benefits, including:
● Eligibility to apply for a variety of awards to fund travel to the annual meeting and recognize exemplary efforts in evolutionary research, education, and outreach
● Discounted registration fee for our joint annual meeting with the American Society of Naturalists and the Society of Systematic Biologists, where you can make connections, foster relationships, find your next job and share information & research with scientists and educators around the world
● Professional development opportunities, such as sponsoring a symposium at the annual meeting, serving on a committee, running for SSE Council, or participating in educational outreach and mentorship activities
● Access to online resources, webinars, and workshops by American Institute of Biological Sciences (AIBS), the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS), and the National Center for Science Education (NCSE) through SSE’s professional affiliations
Additional discounts include:
● Free online access to Evolution, as well as 12 free pages and reduced fees for Open Access publication
● Reduced fees for publication in Evolution Letters, a new Open Access journal
● Reduced fees for publication in Ecology and Evolution
● 25% discount on purchases from the Wiley-Blackwell website
● 30% discount on purchases from the MIT Press website
● 30% discount on purchases from the Princeton University Press
Your membership fees enable the SSE to invest in: